The murder of John Lennon – two spirits dancing
This is the story of the murder of John Lennon, but told as never before. Through a series of strange coincidences, uncanny parallels and disturbing synchronicities, victim and killer, John Lennon and Mark Chapman, are drawn together in an inexplicable way.
Lennon had premonitions about his death. Chapman was convinced he was hearing voices and seeing signs that he must murder the former Beatle. Lennon and Chapman are the “two spirits dancing so strange” that Lennon sang about in his prophetic song #9Dream, and Chapman is the “angel of destruction” Lennon spoke about as haunting him in the shadows. Chapman and Lennon are doppelgängers; they come together outside Lennon’s New York apartment.
Chapman believes Lennon must be killed because of his “phoniness”. The voices in his head are telling him “Do it! Do it! Do it!”
This is a fascinating, novelisation of the murder of John Lennon, based on a detailed study of the true facts. The narrative follows the lives of both Lennon and Chapman, highlighting the striking parallels that bring them together in that fatal moment in December 1980:
- how Chapman identified with Lennon
- how Chapman married a Japanese woman, a Yoko Ono look-alike
- how Chapman signed out of his job as “John Lennon” and flew to New York to kill his “other self”
- how Lennon released his “Double Fantasy” album just days before his murder
- how the lyrics of the album were seen by Chapman as “signs” that Lennon must die
- how Todd Rundgren’s album cover images and lyrics convinced Chapman he must kill Lennon
- how the pages of Salinger’s “Catcher in the Rye” were interpreted by Chapman as ‘signs’ heralding the death of John Lennon
Quirks of fate? Coincidences? Synchronicities?
Read “Two Spirits Dancing” and decide for yourself what made Mark Chapman murder former Beatle John Lennon.
Read the accompanying “Through the Mirror Go Round” book – the factual account of the murder of John Lennon, featuring detailed analysis of all the ‘signs’, all the relevant album covers, all the lyrics, all the extracts from “Catcher in the Rye” and more…
Buy ‘Two Spirits Dancing’ in paperback from lulu.com
for just $19.99 or £14.00
Buy in kindle format for $5.00
Buy in ePub format
for nook or ipad
Buy the pdf ebook from Gumroad for $5.99